UPSC IES/ESE 2015 Personal Intro,Hobbies Interview Que Types :-
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Result for the Engineering Services Examination (IES), 2015 likely to be announced in the 3rd Week of August 2015 shall be followed by filling in of the Detailed Application Form (DAF) by the candidates declared successful in the Written Part of the Engineering Services Examination, 2015.
UPSC IES | ESE Interview Questions | Schedule 2015
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) is pleased to present here a series of the Questions for the candidates likely to be asked by the Union Public Service Commission Selection Panel / Board from the concerned Disciplines of the Engineering; i.e.,
(i) Civil Engineering
(ii) Mechanical Engineering and
(iii) Electrical Engineering
The Candidate shortlisted in the Engineering Services Exam 2015 shall have to necessarily submit the other essential documents, such as, Date of Birth Certificate, Matriculation Certificate / Senior Secondary Certificate (Qualified Examination) or Equivalent and all other relevant Certificates and Documents that might be asked for by the Union Public Service Commission.
The DAF to be filled in by the Candidates would necessitate the candidates to furnish the inputs, i.e.
- Professional / Working Experience
- Pursuit (Hobby)
- Technical Subjects
- Engineering Projects
- Industrial Training,
- Application of Major Laws and Theorems, etc.
The Union Public Service Commission shall recommend the Candidates for the Services / Posts strictly in accordance with the Merit drawn up based on the Sufficient High Marks, Preferences exercised by them and the number of Vacancies and subject to availability of the Vacancies.
Hereunder are Four Categories for Final Selection and Appointment of the Candidates in the Written Examination followed by Personal Interview / Viva-voce to be conducted on the bases of the information furnished by the candidates in their Detailed Application Forms.
The Union Public Service Commission, There are 475 Posts including 20 for PwDs (PH / OH) for filling under the Categories mentioned hereunder:
|Cat I||Civil Engineering|
|Cat II||Mechanical Engineering|
|Cat III||Electrical Engineering|
|Cat IV||Electronics & Telecommunication Engineering|
UPSC IES | ESE INTERVIEW QUESTION & PERSONAL INTRO 2015:
|Category & Discipline Name||Guessed Questions|
|Cat-I: Civil Engineering||1. What is problem in working with flexible pavement?2. Explain the Isohyetal Method?3. Which type of Steel is used in off-shore structure for making a column? Fe 250, Fe 415 or Fe 500?
4. What are various Theories of Failure?
5. What do you understand by Hydrostatic Pressure?
6. What is the relation between the strength of a Cube & the Strength of a Cylinder?
7. What is Weber’s Number?
8. What are various types of a Column?
9. What is the function of Ballast?
10. What is Carbon Credit?
11. Explain the definition of Topography?
12. What is Euler’s Law?
|Cat-II: Mechanical Engineering||1) What is Hook`s Law? Tell us the difference between Ductile and Brittle material.2) Which type of brake is used in the Railway?3) What is meant by the Gear Ratio?
4) How can a Square Section cut in lathe?
5) How does a Screw Jack work?
6) Why Heavy vehicles are run on the Diesel Engine?
7) Which among does Steel, Copper and Brass conduct Faster Heat?
8) For what purpose Venturi-meter is used?
9) What kind of the material should be used for shafts manufacturing?
10) What is the difference between PERT and CPM?
11) What is value engineering?
12) Tell us boiler thickness formulae?
|Cat-III: Electrical Engineering||1) How does a Solar Panel work?2) Compare AC with DC in Applications?3) What is ESLR?
4) What is SDH?
5) Explain the Operation & the advantage of SF6 Circuit Breaker
6) Explain / What is the Difference between LCD & CRT?
7) What is the difference between IGBT& GTO?
8) What is Scott connection in 3-Phase Transformer?
9) How grounding is provided in the METRO Rail?
10) What are the different types of winding in Synchronous Machine?
11) What are the different types of faults in Transmission Line?
12) Explain Tell us Methods to improve efficiency of a transformer?
|Cat-IV: Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering||N/A|
Bookmark http://www.upscexamportal.in the UPSC announced ESE 2015 Results and Personal Interview Scheduled Dates, Merit List, Final Select, Viva-voce / Personal Interview – Final Result, Common Merit List, Last Recommended Candidate Category wise in addition to downloading of the Call Letter / Duplicate e-Admit Cards / Hall Tickets.
Click here for further detailed Inputs / Tips for Engineering Services Examination, 2015.